How to install
- Log into your JIRA instance as an admin.
- Click the admin drop-down and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
The Manage apps screen loads.
- Click Find new apps on the left side of the page.
- Find Release Management using search.
The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- ClickFree Trial to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Release Management.
You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Release Management should then begin downloading.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license.
- If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your JIRA instance.
Quickstart: Create your first release board
"Releases" is added to Jira main menu once the app has been installed.
Go to "Releases" → "View all boards" to view all available Release Boards and to create a new one.
Click "Create board" button; specify the new board name, projects from which to import versions, and then click "Create board" button.
Once the board is created, you are automatically redirected to its Version tab.
Versions tab has three columns Todo, In Progress, Done - a simple workflow which can be customized by a board administrator in the board settings.
By default, all unreleased versions are added to default unreleased column and released versions are added to default released column.